Walrath specializes in a variety of quality landscape and construction materials. Our products are available for pick up or delivery in several convenient locations. From start to finish we get the job done.
Walrath Soil Products are made with only quality ingredients; compost, clean graded sand or sandy loam, and trusted additional amendments such as high mineral volcanic sand—no subsoil, sawdust or fillers. Buy topsoil only from a trusted source like Walrath to ensure a successful project with excellent drainage and healthy plants. Let us be your expert and provide advice and consulting on the best products available for your project.
- 3-WAY TOPSOIL: A premium all-purpose topsoil made with compost, clean mined sand and screened sandy loam from select sources. Suitable as an all-purpose landscape soil.
- TURF Booster MIX: A Walrath Signature Blend – Consisting of fine sand (St. Helens mineral) coarse washed sand and Compost Plus. Suitable for high quality turf applications; top dressing or new lawn installation. Meets requirements for Turf in Post- Construction Soil Quality & Depth BMP in WDOE Stormwater Manual.
- Premium Garden Blend: A Walrath Signature Blend – An outstanding choice for high performance applications such as raised beds, berming and vegetable growing, or any new landscape projects where a premium mix is desirable. Contains screened sandy loam, Compost Plus, and volcanic sand for added mineral content.
- Bioretention Soil/Rain Garden Soil: A mix designed for porosity and infiltration. Contains well-graded (specified) aggregate and quality compost to meet regulations and public agencies’ specifications.
Custom Soil Blending/Specialty Mixes
Golf Course Materials
Walrath provides a complete suite of products for golf courses. Topdressing Sand, Divot Mixes, Bunker Sand
Athletic Field Material
Walrath provides an outstanding line of products for new and existing athletic fields. Playfield sand, root zone mixes, infield mix, track cinders
Green Roof & Lightweight soil mixes for on structure
Lightweight, well-drained soil mixes are critical to the success of any on-structure planting project. Walrath soil products are made using high quality components for longevity and plant adaptability.
- House Blend Potting Soil is a Walrath Signature Blend. It is an exclusive potting mix containing horticultural grade pumice, Peat, aged Bark, Compost, and an organic nutrient package containing Trace Minerals & Mycorrhizal Fungi. Intended use: Container growing.
- Grower Mixes mixing for specific crop and production. Let us design a mix for you or trust us with your proprietary mix. Non- disclosure agreements welcome.
- Walrath Blending is a Walrath Signature Service. Walrath prides itself with established best practices for both quality and consistency. Using only the best media components to build your mix. A soil media purchase for your specific crop is a big investment. We pride ourselves in quality and consistency. Experts from Walrath are available to discuss your specific needs. (Non- disclosure agreements welcome)
Walrath Soil Products are made exclusively using compost that is US Composting Council Seal of Testing Assurance (STA) certified. As well as top quality Horticultural grade components for specialty soils.
Combine the benefits of weed suppression, erosion control and water reduction for plant health with the aesthetic of your choice.
- Fine Bark/Medium Bark: Hemlock & Fir mix of locally produced bark – choose your aesthetic (grade). Bark is a good option for keeping moisture in the soil and can reduce plant water use by up to 50% it can also prevent erosion and compaction during the rainy season.
- Dark Fine Bark (aged): Hemlock & Fir mix that has been aged to a dark color. Dark fine bark provides the same benefits as bark mulch with the additional benefit of the dark color that provides a nice contrast in the garden.
- Nugget Bark: Hemlock & Fir mix is available in small and large sizes. Nugget bark provides the same benefits as bark mulch with a different aesthetic. Nugget tends to have few fines and will retain a new look longer.
- Wood Chip Mulch: medium grind mulch consists of clean, naturally occurring wood. Primarily woody landscape material and aged stump wood. This is a nice alternative for a less formal look in the landscape as well as provides benefits to the soil as the microbial activity breaks down the mulch.
- Cedar Playground Chips: Cedar is a standard for play areas. Non-splintering and will maintain integrity for a long period of time.
Quality Organic Soil Amendments
Compost is essential for amending any garden and/or Landscape project. Compost provides nutrients, increases water holding capacity in soils, when used as a mulch it will prevent rain compaction, moderate heating and cooling for roots and provide an excellent carbon source for the soil biology.
The benefits of Compost are Scientifically Verified. For a full list and explanation see attached Document Titled: Scientific Verification: Benefits of Compost USE in landscapes, Farming, Remediation & Erosion Control
- Compost Plus is a Walrath Signature Blend. Compost Plus is a carefully crafted blend of composted dairy manure and an organic registered green waste compost (WSDA Organic Food program approved) Compost Plus has a broader range of microbial activity due to the blended materials. This is especially important in poor/depleted soils, vegetable growing and other intensive growing situations.
- Organic Super Doo: A quality composted dairy manure mixed with aged sawdust.
Serves as an excellent choice for soil incorporation (amendment) topdressing for lawns and/or mulching garden beds.
- Cascade Compost: A locally produced registered Organic (WSDA Organic Food program) green waste compost. Cascade Compost is manufactured under rigorous guidelines of Dept. Of Ecology. Compost is produced using state of the art technology which monitors for oxygen and temperature throughout the active composting timeframe. Under strict guidelines, compost is tested and reported back to local permitting agencies. Current test results available upon request at any time.
Quality Sand and Gravel Products and Quarry Rock
- Walrath can provide for construction and maintenance
- Crushed Rock for Driveways
- Washed Rock for Drainage
- Quarry Rock for Retaining Walls
- Concrete Sand
- Accent Stone and River Rock for Landscape Projects